An old family recipe I invented a few years ago.
Hot Apple CiderAn old family recipe I invented a few years ago.Trey
Unfiltered apple juice
Freshly ground nutmeg
Medium cinnamon sticks
Rum or brandy
- Stick cloves into orange, spreading them out evenly around the orange. Slice the orange four times so some of the juice will come out while it cooks.
- Pour gallon of apple juice into a large pot. Bring to a low boil.
- Add brown sugar, freshly ground nutmeg, ginger powder, cinnamon sticks, and clove-filled orange.
- Simmer for four hours on low heat.
- While serving, pour about a half shot of rum or brandy into each mug before pouring in one cup of cider.