Tart fried chicken dish that goes well with rice and a hearty green vegetable. Tartness can be adjusted by ratio of lemons to oranges.
Lemon Orange Fried ChickenTart fried chicken dish that goes well with rice and a hearty green vegetable. Tartness can be adjusted by ratio of lemons to oranges.Trey
Skinless boneless chicken thighs
Minced green onion
- Squeeze juice from lemons and oranges into a small pot and remove seeds and pulp. Add sugar and simmer over low heat until mixture thickens.
- Dice chicken into small pieces (2 inches long at most).
- Sprinkle salt and pepper into the flour and mix. Crack eggs into a bowl and beat.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and then into flour until it is coated in flour. Then roll lightly in green onions.
- Coat frying pan in canola oil and turn on heat to medium. Add chicken when oil is hot enough that it sizzles when chicken is added.
- Flip chicken pieces when they are crispy and slightly browned (about 5 minutes). Remove chicken when both sides are slightly browned and chicken is cooked all the way through (about 5 minutes per side).
- Once the chicken is done, turn off heat, pour the citrus sauce onto the chicken, and mix until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Serve on white rice or similar cooked grain.