A messy American sandwich. For less heat replace Serrano pepper with a pinch of ground cayenne pepper.This recipe also goes well on pasta instead of bread.
Sloppy JoeA messy American sandwich. For less heat replace Serrano pepper with a pinch of ground cayenne pepper.This recipe also goes well on pasta instead of bread.Trey
Serrano chilli pepper
Thyme leaves, chopped
Red wine vinegar
- Chop onion and tomato in small pieces. Mince garlic. Mince thyme leaves. Mince the chili pepper. Shape the ground beef into small patties.
- Heat pan on medium. Add olive oil.
- Wait a minute and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and the minced chili pepper.
- Once pan is hot to pop some of the seeds, add chopped onion and garlic.
- Add ground beef in flat patties. Brown both sides and then break apart the patties into small pieces.
- Once meat is nearly cooked add the tomato, thyme leaves, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, salt, white pepper, and black pepper. Cook for a couple more minutes.
- Stir in the red wine vinegar and turn off the heat.
- Serve on buns or rolls.